I was shocked by something I heard from one of my friend’s sons the other day. He is a college graduate with a business degree and fortunately has a job. We were all talking about the fiscal cliff and how it would affect people making over $250K a year. His reaction to the top rate rising to 39% along with the California State tax increase due to Proposition 30 prompted him to say, “Whew, I think I dodged a bullet! I was up for a promotion with a pay raise but someone else got it. I’m pretty sure my...
Indeed. So we now have a fully and frankly redistributionist state, Washington endlessly shaking down Peter to pay Paul. Not single-mother Paul, not handicapped Paul, not temporarily-out-of-work Paul...just PAUL. Half of us are now slaves to the other half...and we don't even get the satisfaction of knowing how much we could fetch at auction.
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 54 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago