If anything should serve to confirm Lott's thesis, it would be the huge increases in violent crime in nations that have recently acted to ban private ownership of firearms -- Britain and Australia. But that should only be necessary for those who refuse to notice that the highest violent-crime rates in America are found in those regions with the tightest controls on firearms ownership, such as Chicago and the District of Columbia.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014