WASHINGTON -- A couple of weeks ago, I elaborated on how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had at the time failed for three straight years to write up a budget in the Senate, thereby breaking the law three -- now four -- years running. I said that he should write up a budget in part to inform the citizenry how their tax dollars were being spent. How much was going to the Pentagon and our nation's security? How much was going into green fantasies like Solyndra and payoffs to the Democratic Party's friends. That would be friendly fascism, the left's...
The great failing of our Constitutional order is the lack of a mechanism -- independent of government -- for penalizing elected officials for misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance according to the explicit text of the Constitution and the legislated laws of the land. Of course, if such a mechanism were established, the pols would immediately start trying to corrupt it. Given time enough, they would surely succeed. "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes," indeed.
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 12 hours ago