Genes and Racism

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 23, 2013 9:17 AM
To believe that one group is genetically inferior to another is nonsense. In Mathematics there is a method called proof by contradiction. An example might be to suppose that whites are superior to blacks. The contradiction would be the likes of Thomas Sowell, Dr. Ben Carson, Walter Williams and millions of other blacks are a lot smarter than most of us. There is only one race, it is called the human race.

Black Unemployment

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 10, 2013 11:15 AM
You and I have a lot in common Dr. Williams. I worked full time from the middle of my Sophomore year in college until I retired. I had minimum wage (and below) jobs from the time I was 12 years old. All five of my offspring worked from high school on. I guess we were willing to work for what we wanted. I'm a white person and I have several black friends that I golf with several times a week. They have a very similar background and are wonderful people. One of my "black" friends takes care of his 90 plus year old mom, is a foster grandparent, works with the Boy Scouts and is as good a person as anyone I've ever met (I'm 71). The only thing wrong with blacks is the democratic party keeping them down.

Tests and Tiger Moms

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 10, 2013 10:59 AM
I wish you would get on TV and debate progressives Dr. Sowell. Just maybe folks like David Gregory, George Stephanopolis, Brian Williams and the like might give you an opportunity to discuss the real issues of the day instead of the nonsense that seems to obscure the real issues.

A New Birth of Education Freedom

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 01, 2013 5:33 AM
Vouchers certainly are a step in the right direction. I think the real problem is that the education model is seriously flawed in that it teaches to the median. We need individualized instruction. A better model would be distant learning from videos of the "best" teachers with local coaching for those who need it.

Much Hope in Pope

Francis97 Wrote: Mar 16, 2013 8:36 AM
"Catholics" like the Cuomos make this reader feel a little sick. While they have a right to their opinion, they should not call themselves "Catholic" and support a party whose platform is abortion on demand.
Public sector unions, especially the teacher's unions, have blackmailed politicians for as long as I can remember. If they were interested in educating the kids they would favor vouchers, they would favor distant learning, they would favor merit pay, they would favor eliminating tenure and they would rally for the students.
What is truly absurd is that he continues to call himself a Catholic.
The damage is done David. If the MSM earns any respect then shame on us.
The cynical among us (me) may think that support for universal preschool is simply advocating for "free" daycare.
rab·ble-rous·er [rab-uhl-rou-zer] noun a person who stirs up the passions or prejudices of the public, usually for his or her own interests; demagogue.

Abortion: The New American Family Value

Francis97 Wrote: Feb 27, 2013 6:10 AM
Here is the rest: The Democratic Party also strongly supports access to comprehensive affordable family planning services and age-appropriate sex education which empower people to make informed choices and live healthy lives. We also recognize that such health care and education help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and thereby also reduce the need for abortions. The Democratic Party also strongly supports a woman’s decision to have a child by ensuring access to and availability of programs for pre- and post-natal health care, parenting skills, income support, and caring adoption programs.