It is difficult to believe that anyone thinks that the federal government should have any role in education after all of the damage that has been done. We should eliminate the dept. of education. Another Carter screwup.

Politics of Hate and Envy

Francis97 Wrote: Jan 29, 2014 7:25 AM
Geez Roy. Millions buy stocks every day! Most retirement plans hold stocks in these companies run by these "overpaid" CEOs. These CEOs are (mostly) the wealth creators.
Interesting article Wayne and I agree with most of it. I think George H. W. Bush is a class act and many Americans thought so as well. Calling him a loser and ignoring the role Ross Perot played (he hated Bush) is intellectually dishonest like much of the press. George W. Bush won twice and though I wasn't on board with all of his moves, he is a class act as well.
Right on Star. So sad that we have so many ignorant voters. Truly sad for the poor or near poor who would benefit the most by passing an estate on to their progeny.

Abolish the Corporate Income Tax!

Francis97 Wrote: May 31, 2013 5:33 AM
Eliminating corporate income tax is a good idea. Tariffs are a bad idea. Support HR 25.

Lies About Libya

Francis97 Wrote: May 14, 2013 12:07 PM
The excitement in the media about these recent revelations makes me a little sick. If these reporters had done the job that they were supposed to do, Mitt Romney would be president and we might have had a chance to get on a better track. Too little too late, thanks in a large part, to the failed media (success if you approve of where we are headed). Where was the press between Sept. 12th and election day?????

Genes and Racism

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 23, 2013 9:17 AM
To believe that one group is genetically inferior to another is nonsense. In Mathematics there is a method called proof by contradiction. An example might be to suppose that whites are superior to blacks. The contradiction would be the likes of Thomas Sowell, Dr. Ben Carson, Walter Williams and millions of other blacks are a lot smarter than most of us. There is only one race, it is called the human race.

Black Unemployment

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 10, 2013 11:15 AM
You and I have a lot in common Dr. Williams. I worked full time from the middle of my Sophomore year in college until I retired. I had minimum wage (and below) jobs from the time I was 12 years old. All five of my offspring worked from high school on. I guess we were willing to work for what we wanted. I'm a white person and I have several black friends that I golf with several times a week. They have a very similar background and are wonderful people. One of my "black" friends takes care of his 90 plus year old mom, is a foster grandparent, works with the Boy Scouts and is as good a person as anyone I've ever met (I'm 71). The only thing wrong with blacks is the democratic party keeping them down.

Tests and Tiger Moms

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 10, 2013 10:59 AM
I wish you would get on TV and debate progressives Dr. Sowell. Just maybe folks like David Gregory, George Stephanopolis, Brian Williams and the like might give you an opportunity to discuss the real issues of the day instead of the nonsense that seems to obscure the real issues.

A New Birth of Education Freedom

Francis97 Wrote: Apr 01, 2013 5:33 AM
Vouchers certainly are a step in the right direction. I think the real problem is that the education model is seriously flawed in that it teaches to the median. We need individualized instruction. A better model would be distant learning from videos of the "best" teachers with local coaching for those who need it.