It's Wednesday and at 11:45 this morning, President Obama will unveil new plans for gun control through executive order while surrounded by children. He's expected to call on Congress to ban semi-automatic "assault" rifles and high capacity magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. He'll also ask for universal background checks. Up to this point, Obama has been vague about what exactly his executive orders will include, but we'll find out today.
According to a lobbyist briefed Tuesday, Obama will present a three-part plan focused on gun violence, education and mental health. He'll call for:
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 19 minutes ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago