It's Wednesday and at 11:45 this morning, President Obama will unveil new plans for gun control through executive order while surrounded by children. He's expected to call on Congress to ban semi-automatic "assault" rifles and high capacity magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. He'll also ask for universal background checks. Up to this point, Obama has been vague about what exactly his executive orders will include, but we'll find out today.
According to a lobbyist briefed Tuesday, Obama will present a three-part plan focused on gun violence, education and mental health. He'll call for:
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago