If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 42 minutes ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago