If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago