Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Dr. Williams said it well. Folks need to ask what has changed in society that it did not use to be this way. Dr. Williams nailed it. Sadly this will not be allowed into any serious public discussion. The headlines is constantly guns which is just a good way to keep from dealing with the failure of our secular progressive society.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago