(1) Require everyone to have health insurance, with subsidized plans for low-income citizens. (2) Compel insurers to accept anybody who applies for coverage and to charge roughly the same premium for everyone, regardless of health status. (3)...
Insurance is not why health care cost rises. Health care is basically a monoply especially so in drugs.
What is the best way to make sure that Americans with chronic medical conditions -- those most likely to need costly or frequent health care -- can afford the insurance they need to meet their bills? The conventional answer, reflected in Mitt Romney's 2006 health-care reform law in Massachusetts and the federal overhaul signed by Barack Obama in 2010, contains these ingredients:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago