The Republicans in the House of Representatives should stand firm! If the Democrats want raising rates and cutting exemptions, then make them work for it, i.e. recapture control of the House, while retaining control of the Senate, along with their President. I am frankly sick to death of Republicans, always, giving in and conceding to the Democrats, is like they will go back to the days of Bob Michael, House minority leader, who is perfectly fine, just staying at the leadership level.
Right after the election, it was all peaches and cream and conciliatory common-ground language when President Obama met with congressional leaders to discuss the fiscal cliff. Of course, the president campaigned on tax hikes for the rich, by which he meant raising top income-tax rates and extending the Bush tax cuts for incomes below $200,000. And the president’s first meeting post-election was with his union and liberal-interest-group supporters, all of whom want to raise the top rates and then some. But instead, the newly reelected president spoke about “new ideas,” as long as they provided a balance of spending cuts and...
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 14 hours ago