According to a new Rasmussen survey released Wednesday, Republican Senate hopeful Todd Akin trails incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill by six percentage points. All in all, though, that’s not too shabby for at least two reasons: (1) Republicans have financially abandoned Mr. Akin en masse for his confounding “legitimate rape” comments and (2) his campaign’s television advertisements were reportedly yanked from the airwaves this month due to lack of payment. Embarrassing....
A few days after Akin's original statements, a representative of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was interviewed on FoxNews. He said that Missouri has been trending Republican for the last decade and that 39-40% of Missouri voters are born-again Christians. He, in no way, presented the scenario in Missouri as Rove did. I am not surprised to see your poll with Akin in the lead. That said, it wouldn't hurt to be contributing to Akin's campaign if McCaskill is to be removed. Rove had said some time ago that he would pull his group's ads.
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 3 hours ago