According to a new Rasmussen survey released Wednesday, Republican Senate hopeful Todd Akin trails incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill by six percentage points. All in all, though, that’s not too shabby for at least two reasons: (1) Republicans have financially abandoned Mr. Akin en masse for his confounding “legitimate rape” comments and (2) his campaign’s television advertisements were reportedly yanked from the airwaves this month due to lack of payment. Embarrassing....
A few days after Akin's original statements, a representative of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was interviewed on FoxNews. He said that Missouri has been trending Republican for the last decade and that 39-40% of Missouri voters are born-again Christians. He, in no way, presented the scenario in Missouri as Rove did. I am not surprised to see your poll with Akin in the lead. That said, it wouldn't hurt to be contributing to Akin's campaign if McCaskill is to be removed. Rove had said some time ago that he would pull his group's ads.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 10 hours ago