The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
John I agree with the general tenor of the post. But personally I have a LOT more respect for the Dems. Because they DO WHAT THEY SAY and FIGHT FOR THEIR PEOPLE. The GOP constantly sells its base and people out down the road.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 11 hours ago