The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
The Bushes absolutely stink. Let them get real jobs. For once. H.W. was a woose but at least he fought a war. The others are panty wastes who have never truly survived in a free market job. Pathetic losers. And W. spent only just a little less than Obama. Paved way for socialism. In a pig's stinking eye will we nominate Jeb, That this article was even posted shows how out of touch Byron geek and the rest of the GOP RINO Establishment remains vis a vis its base.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 7 hours ago