I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
Yep, this affirmative action thing has me going ballistic. You are so correct. If you are white, we need to look in our child's eyes this morning, and apologize for what you have allowed to happen. His future is being savaged. Jeff is simply a buffoon. I agree. But at least some of his pals in the liberal establishment might give him some points for being a moderate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 4 hours ago