There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
See, I agree. I have worked for the State of Florida, for instance, and have been amazed at the corruption in so many agencies (though not necessarily any having to do directly with elections, but I am guessing it goes on there as well). Many of us saw this as an issue way, way back. As machines were showing incorrect results, etc., etc. But the GOP Establishment made nicey nice and was afraid of calling a spade a spade due to fears of false racism accusations. So what can be done? Dead people vote, buses roll them in, people get paid in kind to vote a certain way. Thank you GOP for selling us out. You should have pushed this issue. Good night.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago