There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
See, I agree. I have worked for the State of Florida, for instance, and have been amazed at the corruption in so many agencies (though not necessarily any having to do directly with elections, but I am guessing it goes on there as well). Many of us saw this as an issue way, way back. As machines were showing incorrect results, etc., etc. But the GOP Establishment made nicey nice and was afraid of calling a spade a spade due to fears of false racism accusations. So what can be done? Dead people vote, buses roll them in, people get paid in kind to vote a certain way. Thank you GOP for selling us out. You should have pushed this issue. Good night.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 10 hours ago