This year, parents have more freedom to make the best decisions about where their children can go to school. Despite fierce opposition from teacher unions, school choice saw important...
First of all, the reason the GOP didn't benefit from these issues is that they did not support them. Remember, e.g., how we were able to grab some of the black vote by constantly pounding school vouchers and standing up to the teacher's unions? Secondly, before we nominate another centerist twit who doesn't want to restore the Constitution would someone on the right ponder this: Here in Wisconsin our GOP stood up to the public sector unions, took unapologetic conservative positions, and GAINED strength in the legislature even as Romney lost the state. Across the river in Minnesota their GOP took center-left positions, agreeing to TWO publicly financed stadiums. The Dems took over in November LESSON?
After the November 6th dust settled, it appeared very little had changed. The election appeared to maintain the status quo, with President Obama, Senate Democrats, and a conservative GOP House majority all holding their positions. Yet out in the states we saw a year of broad-based victories for economic freedom that demonstrate anew that all is not lost. In fact, we are winning with the American people in many respects.
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago