As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014