What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Pay more? Unfortunately our Representatives are all rich and practice insider trraiding and give themselves raises while exempting themsleves from Obamacare. Paying them more will not get the job done. What they need is tar and feathers and a good swift kick in the rump....then fire them and replace theme with honest God fearing patriots....which are rare commodites among prospective politicians. What we need has been pointed out by others. We need to make folks take qualification test before they are allowed to vote. Those who vote for someone because they think they will get a raise, some freebies, or special legislation enabling them to make millions should be disqualified from voting. Racist should be disqualified. Got the idea?
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 16 hours ago