Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Th only country in the world that has been tremendously successful has been America because it gives everyone an opportunity for success. With that opportunity is a chance for failure and that leads those who fail to try harder and eventually succeed. All other countries are run by some type of dictator or heavy-handed leader called by whatever name but still a dictator who rigs elections and steals from the people. Obama and other weaklings want to control the success of people but do not trust these people sufficiently to allow them wild success and eventually they fail as the other systems have failed everywhere. Congratulations to Thomas Sowell! Bill O'Reilly recognized that Dr. Sowell should be read daily.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 8 hours ago