Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Th only country in the world that has been tremendously successful has been America because it gives everyone an opportunity for success. With that opportunity is a chance for failure and that leads those who fail to try harder and eventually succeed. All other countries are run by some type of dictator or heavy-handed leader called by whatever name but still a dictator who rigs elections and steals from the people. Obama and other weaklings want to control the success of people but do not trust these people sufficiently to allow them wild success and eventually they fail as the other systems have failed everywhere. Congratulations to Thomas Sowell! Bill O'Reilly recognized that Dr. Sowell should be read daily.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago