Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Th only country in the world that has been tremendously successful has been America because it gives everyone an opportunity for success. With that opportunity is a chance for failure and that leads those who fail to try harder and eventually succeed. All other countries are run by some type of dictator or heavy-handed leader called by whatever name but still a dictator who rigs elections and steals from the people. Obama and other weaklings want to control the success of people but do not trust these people sufficiently to allow them wild success and eventually they fail as the other systems have failed everywhere. Congratulations to Thomas Sowell! Bill O'Reilly recognized that Dr. Sowell should be read daily.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago