It pays to work for the government.
Just ask the teachers in the Westerly, Rhode Island school district. The school committee just agreed to a new union collective bargaining agreement that doubles teachers’ pay in nine years.
Perhaps all the news we’ve been hearing about government schools lacking funds has been exaggerated.
The pay raises will come through adjustments to the annual teacher “step salary” schedule. There will now be nine steps up the salary ladder instead of 11, and each step will pay teachers more money than in the past. A lot more, in fact.
According to the
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 26 mins ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 3 hours ago