But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
While I accept the fact that the Fed. Govt wastes much $$$ in various ways, I cannot go along with the fact that companies will give bonuses to their leaders when the company loses $$$ each year. It's only fair to compensate people who produce profits to their shareholders and also to deny any $$ when the company loses $$$ in any year. With all the corruption and fraud being obvious in various public institutions that end up having its investors lose $$$, our legal system is totally broken when nobody goes to prision. There are too many people in high places that are supposed to overlook activity and protect citizens who themselves are dishonest and have no value on dealing out justice. Our entire system is broken and getting worse.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 12 hours ago