A Populist Path to Power?

flight37 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 1:42 PM
John, I'm not saying that you are wrong but you are using wrong choice of word when you say "immigrant labor". The contingent and composition of illegal immigrants have changed drastically since times when I came, legally, to USA in 1979. A lot of illegals come to this country "to enjoy the generous benefits of our social system" - that not my words. That's what new Home Security secretary said contending the opposite. These illegals become consumers (to put it mildly, instead of parasites) of our system and tax dollars of working people, and respectively, democratic voters who "redistribute wealth" to them in a "fair" way. The problem of this country is that people who work for living are outnumbered by people who vote for living. And this is an intentional and well thought designed policy and politics by democratic party epitomized by Obama's presidency. Regardless of what we say or who comes to power next it will be impossible to change this country from it socialist course and Obama has achieved (not completely yet) his goal to drastically change this country. Like one of my former acquaintances who gets all the benefits of the system - food stamps, SSI payments, housing and energy subsidies, etc. - said when I told him that he did not contribute anything to this country to have such generous entitlements and it's time to take them away. He said, just try it." We will take up arms and will fill the streets with rivers of blood.". How long do you think will take for the children that flooded our country to become "immigrant labor", if ever.
Darby, your caustic sarcasm might erode his “defensive end” and Doc’s too

The Lesson of Dunkirk

flight37 Wrote: Feb 21, 2014 6:30 PM
Why don't you answer me on my Nazi reply post. You think that you will survive when our government really becomes socialist/communist regime. Liberals turned communists are most intolerable people on earth. They will put you to death for the smallest dissent like they did in the Soviet Union unless you become one of them and religiously comply with all demands and shoot other people.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

flight37 Wrote: Feb 21, 2014 6:22 PM
WOF, I'm an old Jew from the former Soviet Union. My mother was killed covering me with her body when we evacuated in 1941 from Odessa in open railroad cars by Nazi pilots shooting on low flying above the train. It deeply offends and outrages me that you bring up this argument and saying that our government is not like Nazi. In many aspects it is. The only difference that it does not shoot its own people (yet). Nazi also was not all about killing Jews. The big lies of Dr. Goebbels quite similar to big lies of this government and big media that protect it War against people owning guns, trial balloon about putting FCC "watchers" to control the content of radio and press, wealth redistribution (yes, not just soviets, Nazis too), crony capitalism and symbioses between government and big corporation (IG Farben Industry-Cyclone B and GE, Solybdra, etc.) I can list many more examples of complete similarities between our fascist government and Nazis. And we are moving closer and closer to it unless we wake up and stop it.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

flight37 Wrote: Feb 21, 2014 6:07 PM
You are contradicting yourself. Mitt lost exactly because he was not a fighter like Cruz. He refused to tear Obama to shred. He did not articulate his principles and convictions loudly and forcefully. As I stated before what for do we need such victory if republicans would be only concern of keeping their sits in government and not jeopardize their image among "less fortunate". Don't forget that country went down under republicans and democrats only under republicans it was slower.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

flight37 Wrote: Feb 21, 2014 5:16 PM
” to the Middle East. Like democracy is a dress and we gave it to muslims and told them to wear it. I wonder if such victory worth fight for.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

flight37 Wrote: Feb 21, 2014 5:16 PM
Dear DR. Sowell, first time in reading your articles I disagree with you Unfortunately republicans follow you line of strategy and retreat and concede victory to Obama and democrats without any hint of fight. You never know how the battle will turn out until you fight. History is full of examples and lessons when much smaller and seemingly weaker forces prevailed over much stronger enemy. I would agree with you on comparison of current republican “leadership” with Neville Chamberlain but you, deliberately or by omission, do not mention what happened to Chamberlain after Dunkirk. He was replaced by decisive and smart Winston Churchill that declared that British have to fight, fight to the last soldier, fight on every patch of land. If he would follow the French and De Gaul strategy he would have to spare British and run away to US to create a government in exile. We have to follow British example and replace republican leadership and fight, fight, fight. The more time we give democrats without fight the more parasites on the government dolls they will create. And all of them will vote for democrats. Regardless if republicans would shut the government or not they will be blamed for and assigned every sin to them. Besides, nobody knows what effect long government shutdown would do to people’s conscience and perception. When sequestration was upheld everyone in MSM and libs circles was whining the sky if falling, it’s “draconian” and remember Schumer’s instruction to democrats –call it “extreme” at every mention. And after several weeks people were yenning at very mention of sequestration. Because majority of people do not depend on government in their everyday lives. Congress can force Obama pay SS and government salaries for operating units and that’s all what people need from government. And my main disagreement with you Dr. Sowell is in type of victory we might achieve. I’m not sure that with current republicans even if we win the Senate and keep the house they will do what we conservatives want from them. Don’t forget that we had the House and the Senate under republican president GWB. And so what. Did we do anything that reduced deficit, did we let failing union companies like GM and Chrysler fail and restructure to void union pensions and contracts. Did we remove Saddam and get out of Iraq to save lives of our soldiers and let them and teir Allah sort them out. No and No. Republicans got involved in stupid “nation building” and bringing “democracy”
Sorry, "shoving" - fast fingers
Dear Bigbi. You don't have enough brains to understand that most of us are not republicans. You are mixing God given talent with scrambled eggs. We are CONSERVATIVES. Many republicans are not. GWB was not conservative either. So showing GWB in our faces to prove that republicans are not better than liberals would not do the trick. We are equal opportunity offenders for RINOs as well as socialist democrats (no, to be fair, like your bellowed leader likes to say), we despise the latters much more
So what do you want to say with this. Does it mean that government should collect money from all taxpayers to save someone's home who did not want to buy flood insurance at reasonable rates. I lived for 25 years in a flood zone and purchased flood insurance for about $254/year and was never flooded. But if would I would not run to government for handout. Everyone should be responsible for himself. I would rather help my neighbor personally with my own money if I see him in need. But this will be my personal decision not government taking my money by force and giving to someone who neither they nor I know if he/she deserves it.