Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 12 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago