But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
In addition, you might arguably have a point that mandatory insurance laws are detrimental to CONSUMERS, but not to WORKERS - which was my point. Businesses and workers have CONCURRENT interests, not conflicting ones.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 8 hours ago