Should the federal government make life more difficult for low-skilled workers?
I hope everyone will emphatically say “NO!”
Heck, most people understandably will think you’re crazy for even asking such a preposterous question.
But some of those people will also think that it’s a good idea for politicians in Washington to make low-skilled workers less attractive to employers by raising the minimum wage.
I often ask such people whether they are more likely to buy a Big Mac if McDonald’s raises the price by 24 percent. They say they are less likely.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago