Kenneth416 wrote: While I will not be affected by the increase in the marginal rate of taxation of salaries and wages from the current 35% to 39.6% (as under the Clinton-era), I doubt that it will have a serious effect on the behavior of the highest earners. Note that, for a high earner who earns $1M, the additional income tax will be only $46,000, less than the cost of the luxury Mercedes or Lexus he or she drives (and which is probably provided by his/her employer, anyway). The real bite comes in the tax on Dividends and Cap Gains, where the...
Yes, liberals are. Still misusing terms like individualist (which the Founders and conservatives are)? Or communitarian? Maybe you're still pretending that gun control saves childrens lives rather than gun rights? Or calling Hamilton the "father" of American conservatism (there isn't one)? Or perhaps you're still confused about the fact that the phrase "all men are created equal" is a classical liberal/modern conservative concept that emphasizes inherent equality not equality of outcome? Still a rebel without a clue?
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago