Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 43 minutes ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 4 hours ago