Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 34 mins ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago