In response to:
Of course, the reason the US topped those lists was becasue it was less socialistic and has fallen behind as it has become more socialistic.
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago