In response to:
One problem with the seven reasons, specifically reason number one. In the long run, socialism benefits NO ONE. The so-called safety net draws so many resources from the private sector that it creates more poverty (and more need of a safety net) than anything else ultimately leading to disasters such as more socialistic Europe is already experiencing.
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 17 minutes ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago