In response to:
One problem with the seven reasons, specifically reason number one. In the long run, socialism benefits NO ONE. The so-called safety net draws so many resources from the private sector that it creates more poverty (and more need of a safety net) than anything else ultimately leading to disasters such as more socialistic Europe is already experiencing.
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago