Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
And precisely what constitutional rights are conservatives "selling"? Which side is pushing speach codes, gun control, government intervention in health care, trial on federal civil rights charges if a jury acquits on state charges (but only if it's police officers in California, not if its Black Panthers intimidating voters) and ever greater exercise of government power not enumerated in the Constitution? Yours is the party objecting to people having the right to buy from, sell to, work for, hire, fire, etc. whosoever they choose so long as they can find another voluntary actor in the marketplace willing to engage in exchange. You think government needs to be given the power to intervene - THAT is selling your rights.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago