The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
Me: "We may make different choices, I think people can try to do what they see as the right thing and not come up with the same thing to do." MudOnTheTires: "So you say that morality is an individual choice. And then you wonder why we Conservatives think you progs are insane. " I do not say that morality is an indvidual choice. You are being stupid to write what you wrote above, or more specifically you are being willfully obtuse, apparantly for better reason than to call me insulting names. What I DO say is that the moral choice is not always clear to us Human Beings, because unlike the Almighty we are not omniscient. At our best, all we can do is do the best we can when faced with complicated, ambiguous situations.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago