“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
daunhin: "Just why is it that everything that the "Government Governs, becomes ever larger and more complex"? " No, it is not (just) the govt. The population increases. People invent stuff. Knew knowledge is discovered and applied. Obviously, there are many drivers of complexity.
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago