And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Three words for Ms West & the rest of You: GET OVER IT! These new rules merely recognize the current reality on the ground, which is that women ALREADY DO find themselves in Combat Roles. Before these changes, the military was forced to pretend that there were no women in combat, and the women who in fact were in combat roles could not be recognized, honored and promoted for it.
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago