Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
It's also worth noting that none of the inalienable rights given us by an all-loving, omniscient creator are "use it or lose it" deals, even for Homosexuals. Cambermeister's protests to the contrary notwithstanding, it is not the case that all the Gay People promised to marry as soon as it was legal. They just want the same freedom as everyone else to Marry and be regarded as Married if they choose.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago