The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
"As for your "gun control" measures,they would have no effect in a nation that already has 300 million firearms in circulation,and that has a Second Amendment prohibiting what you propose" This is a fine example of the kind of NRA-inspired paranoia that may actually end up getting the 2nd amendment gutted or abolished. I don't care that there are over 300 million firearms in circulation, it's far too easy to buy number 3,000,001 illegally. People in law enforcement who have to deal with this have specific laws that they need enacted, ex stricter straw-purchaser penalties, that the NRA opposes on paranoid grounds. The 2nd amendment does not prohibit responsible regulation of firearms.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 37 mins ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 3 hours ago