The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
dpaul: "...he people would have to pass a amendment one determining that at what time the fetus becomes "life"..." I agree, but the authors of such an amendment would have to more careful with their language than you are. I don't think anyone disputes that the fetus is "alive", the way my Cat is alive and the way my TV set is not. It becomes "life" soon as it exists. Your amendment would have to define when it becomes a Person, a Human Being.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago