The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
dpaul: "...he people would have to pass a amendment one determining that at what time the fetus becomes "life"..." I agree, but the authors of such an amendment would have to more careful with their language than you are. I don't think anyone disputes that the fetus is "alive", the way my Cat is alive and the way my TV set is not. It becomes "life" soon as it exists. Your amendment would have to define when it becomes a Person, a Human Being.
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago