The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
dpaul: "...he people would have to pass a amendment one determining that at what time the fetus becomes "life"..." I agree, but the authors of such an amendment would have to more careful with their language than you are. I don't think anyone disputes that the fetus is "alive", the way my Cat is alive and the way my TV set is not. It becomes "life" soon as it exists. Your amendment would have to define when it becomes a Person, a Human Being.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 4 hours ago