It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
The family is the root and cradle of civilization. Our culture has adulterated the family. Rather than living the golden rule, people now feel victimized because they think others, not them, are not living the golden rule. Respect and deference has given way to narcissism and indulgence. Boundaries have always been crossed, but there was a time when most felt the sting for their indiscretions, but now, no ones seems to care. Self reliance and personal progress from learn experience was the key to one's self worth and success, now a standard of living is expected, even when not earned or deserved. We have feed the beast, now it is feeding on us.
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago