It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
The family is the root and cradle of civilization. Our culture has adulterated the family. Rather than living the golden rule, people now feel victimized because they think others, not them, are not living the golden rule. Respect and deference has given way to narcissism and indulgence. Boundaries have always been crossed, but there was a time when most felt the sting for their indiscretions, but now, no ones seems to care. Self reliance and personal progress from learn experience was the key to one's self worth and success, now a standard of living is expected, even when not earned or deserved. We have feed the beast, now it is feeding on us.
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 29 minutes ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago