It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
The family is the root and cradle of civilization. Our culture has adulterated the family. Rather than living the golden rule, people now feel victimized because they think others, not them, are not living the golden rule. Respect and deference has given way to narcissism and indulgence. Boundaries have always been crossed, but there was a time when most felt the sting for their indiscretions, but now, no ones seems to care. Self reliance and personal progress from learn experience was the key to one's self worth and success, now a standard of living is expected, even when not earned or deserved. We have feed the beast, now it is feeding on us.
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago