During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
The Republicans absolutely need to hammer this point starting yesterday. Over the last 20 years we've had 12 years of Democrats in the White House and Democratic control of Congress for much of that, and the middle class is more pinched than it's ever been.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago