During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
The Republicans absolutely need to hammer this point starting yesterday. Over the last 20 years we've had 12 years of Democrats in the White House and Democratic control of Congress for much of that, and the middle class is more pinched than it's ever been.
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago