During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
The Republicans absolutely need to hammer this point starting yesterday. Over the last 20 years we've had 12 years of Democrats in the White House and Democratic control of Congress for much of that, and the middle class is more pinched than it's ever been.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago