During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
The Republicans absolutely need to hammer this point starting yesterday. Over the last 20 years we've had 12 years of Democrats in the White House and Democratic control of Congress for much of that, and the middle class is more pinched than it's ever been.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 13 hours ago