During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
The Republicans absolutely need to hammer this point starting yesterday. Over the last 20 years we've had 12 years of Democrats in the White House and Democratic control of Congress for much of that, and the middle class is more pinched than it's ever been.
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 14 mins ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago