In 2008, a perfect storm developed for Barack Obama: an economic crisis, which was effectively, though unfairly, blamed on Republicans; war fatigue, which had been stoked by six years of Democratic anti-Bush propaganda; a messianic illusion personified in Obama, who was promising incomprehensibly wonderful yet undefined change and utopian-level bipartisanship; and a Republican opponent who all but forfeited the election to Obama...
Why would I hope that one communist beats another in this election? Let's see how that would work. Obama gets beat because he broke his promises. OK; so have you ever seen a politician that didn't?Or; Romney wins and recreates national healthcare in his image. John F Kennedy gave Cuba to the Russians and then complained about it. A national hero. John F Kennedy got us involved in Vietnam. A national hero? Clinton turned over parts of Europe to the muslims. A great president? Obama turned over the whole middle east to the extremists. He'll be a national hero before its all over. He will only be great is he orders pizza in.
I want to give you an updated list of reasons I believe that Mitt Romney will win the election Tuesday. So much information, so much confusion, so much uncertainty. But I don't think it's so complex as it seems.
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago