In 2008, a perfect storm developed for Barack Obama: an economic crisis, which was effectively, though unfairly, blamed on Republicans; war fatigue, which had been stoked by six years of Democratic anti-Bush propaganda; a messianic illusion personified in Obama, who was promising incomprehensibly wonderful yet undefined change and utopian-level bipartisanship; and a Republican opponent who all but forfeited the election to Obama...
Why would I hope that one communist beats another in this election? Let's see how that would work. Obama gets beat because he broke his promises. OK; so have you ever seen a politician that didn't?Or; Romney wins and recreates national healthcare in his image. John F Kennedy gave Cuba to the Russians and then complained about it. A national hero. John F Kennedy got us involved in Vietnam. A national hero? Clinton turned over parts of Europe to the muslims. A great president? Obama turned over the whole middle east to the extremists. He'll be a national hero before its all over. He will only be great is he orders pizza in.
I want to give you an updated list of reasons I believe that Mitt Romney will win the election Tuesday. So much information, so much confusion, so much uncertainty. But I don't think it's so complex as it seems.
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 55 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago