Exhibit A of today's kind of author: Jenny McCarthy, the former Playboy centerfold who's parlayed her nudie shots into a long list of TV gigs, and six best-selling "humor"/advice books (which absolutely no one might guess were written by someone else). Her latest must be her lamest. It's called "Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic." She's wearing...
The answer is here: http://livingwage.mit.edu/ The key question is: Does being married or having children make a worker more valuable to his employer?
The book industry seems to be collapsing, at least that hallowed old paper-and-glue industry that promoted serious ideas. Even talk radio and TV hosts are spending less time with authors. There are exceptions, but they won't make you feel optimistic about books.
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 16 hours ago