After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
@Jimsd55: It's "their", not there.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 7 hours ago