Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago