Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 7 hours ago