The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
I am really tired of the shopping mall / movie theater / open public space vignette. If there are 100 people with guns at the mall, the point is NOT that they can kill the bad guy who is about to shoot up the place. THE POINT IS THAT THE GUY IS NOT LIKELY TO CHOOSE THAT SITE FOR A MASS MURDER ATTEMPT. Am I the only one who thinks that way?
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago