As part of her big-brother-knows-best "Let's Move!" campaign to combat childhood obesity, Michelle Obama has been arguing that certain inner-city urban neighborhoods and rural communities are "food deserts," where it's difficult for residents to find access to fresh, healthy, and nutritious food. Mrs. Obama's solution is for the federal government to funnel public money (or, as her esteemed husband might faultily term it, "make an investment") into bringing healthy food retailers into these neighborhoods. But, as with many centrally-planned nanny-state endeavors, the First Lady's taxpayer-funded project fails to attack the real core of the problem, ignores secondary effects,...
In response to:
And when you tell my children that they can't skate or bicycle without a helmet, they ask for a ride instead.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago