In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
Someone needs to tell the HISPANIC VOTER that big govs money comes from them and their neighbors…..there's no such thing as "obamas stash? One other thing……why not change the name from GOP to…THE AMERICAN CITIZENS PARTY,…..busses welcome.
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 11 minutes ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 51 minutes ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago