Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
TOTALLY AGREE: VIOLENT CRIME WOULD ALL BUT DISAPPEAR, COSTS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT WOULD GO WAY DOWN, THOSE WHO WANT TO THROWN THEIR LIVES AWAY SHOULD HAVE THAT FREEDOM TO DO SO.....REMEMBER "CHOICE?. SOCIETY'S ONLY OBLIGATION WOULD BE TO CLEAR THE STREES OF THEIR CADAVERS IN A TIMELY FASHION AND PLANT THEM. THINK ABOUT THE INNOCENT VICTIMS OF THESE WASTOIDS THAT "JUST WANT A FIX". LEGALIZE THEM AND THE PROFIT INCENTIVE DISAPPEARS.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014