My guess is that the Democrats who are abandoning Obamacare are those coming up for reelection in 2014, Obamacare was crafted by special interests (drug companies, insurance companies, etc) and do absolutely nothing to make health care affordable!!!
Where is the button to flag this article as OFFENSIVE??????

Shut It Down, Mr. President

FedUp2012 Wrote: Jul 16, 2013 8:15 AM
AMEN!!!!!!

Shut It Down, Mr. President

FedUp2012 Wrote: Jul 16, 2013 8:12 AM
This tragedy will not go to waste with Obama, Holder and the democrats. This is a way for them to get back to "gun violence" and use it in the 2014 midterm elections. Last night on CNN, I heard Jeffrey Toobin end his segment with Anderson Cooper with a comment about "stand your ground laws" and saying that you can "thank all the republicans who came in in 2010 for those laws". Although I think that most of those laws were in place before 2010, I am thankful to live in a state that has a "castle law" and feels that its citizens have a right to defend themselves.

Is This Still America?

FedUp2012 Wrote: Jul 16, 2013 7:50 AM
I love to read Dr. Sowell's columns because they speak the truth. I agree with the jury verdict. This was a tragedy for all involved but the fact that is that if anyone's civil rights were violated, it was George Zimmerman. Once this became political and the MSM decided his was a monster, he had no rights. The justice department needs to investigate that not trying to trump up another case with no evidence.

No Better for Obama Next Week, Either

FedUp2012 Wrote: May 19, 2013 8:12 AM
The Obama administration is just like an iceberg. What you see is only the tip of it, what will sink our ship (country) is what we are not seeing. I can guarantee you that if every agency was examined, you would find the same "pattern of behavior" in all of them. Once Congress gets done with the State Department, Justice Department and Treasury Department, they can move on to the EPA, Department of Education and Department of Health and Human Services.
I guess Harry Reid (and a lot of the other over the hill gang) haven't gotten the message, WE ARE FED UP WITH HOW THINGS ARE DONE (or not done) IN WASHINGTON. It is time to get more shakers and movers like Ted Cruz who come to Washington to DO THE JOB that they were elected to do, REPRESENT THEIR CONSTITUENTS.

Words That Replace Thought

FedUp2012 Wrote: May 08, 2013 7:04 AM
Fantastic article. Once again Dr. Sowell hits the nail on the head.
Unfortunately, at Johns Hopkins, just as it is around our country, a few seem to always make the decisions for many. In my opinion, the losers here are the students of Johns Hopkins who will not hear a remarkable American speak at their commencement. I am not surprised that Dr. Carson withdrew from speaking. He expressed his views regarding the definition of marriage, just as Dan Cathy did, because that is his belief and not because he is trying to win friends and influence enemies. When Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A were attacked by the media, the left and the LGBT community, people lined up around the corners to show their support for Dan Cathy. I feel sure that those same people would line up to show their support for Dr. Carson.

State Grown Kids Always Fail

FedUp2012 Wrote: Apr 09, 2013 7:14 AM
This is one of the best columns on this subject I have read. I currently work in an elementary school and totally agree that government needs to get out of the job of raising children. Our current decline began with the breakdown of the family and that was such a success that now they are working on breaking down Christian values and religion. The ethnic makeup of my school is very diverse, but I can tell you that those students who have parental and family support and nurturing and who have strong Christian values bloom and those who don't just wither on the vine.