Some of you on here are very ignorant about the way things work. Even if a parent or loved one reports a person who is spiralling downward and acting crazy, nothing can be done unless the person chooses to be treated. Treating irrational people as though they still have the capacity to make these choices is what's wrong. Of course the mentally ill have rights, but saying they have a right to refuse treatment when they are insane is insane. Only once a mentally ill person commits these evil acts can the authorities get involved. There should be an allowance made for these circumstances. A person who is suffering a psychotic break or has stopped taking his meds should be forcibly committed for evaluation for the safety of society.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 10 hours ago