Stock Up Now: January 1 Is Lightbulb Ban

feawen Wrote: Dec 27, 2013 5:31 AM
I tossed the one my daughter bought into the trash when it burned out too.. I will NOT buy these things! It's not a matter of which bulb is better, it's a matter of letting consumers make their own choices. From Bloomberg saying what soft drinks you can buy, tobacco nazi's telling business owners they can't allow smoking in their establishments (or vets that survived napalm in VFW's), to now.. freakin' lightbulbs? Enough! I'll use an oil lamp before I buy a single "squiggly." Stocking up this weekend on my 40/60 watt's.. I already stocked up on the 75/100's last year. What I do find almost comical is that you can't go into a pharmacy and buy an old fashioned thermometer anymore because of the *gasp* mercury, but apparently it's okay to have it plugged in every light source in your home??? Insanity runs amok in DC but this is one heck of a bonanza for the Chinese since they make every single one of these bulbs.. Who got the kickback for that deal?

Stock Up Now: January 1 Is Lightbulb Ban

feawen Wrote: Dec 27, 2013 5:17 AM
In any case it will be a real bonanza to the Chinese since they make every last one of them. My daughter bought one of the "squiggly's".. it burned out as fast as the old ones.. I tossed it in the trash. Maybe I'll just mail the next one that burns out to DC and let them dispose of it.
And a few of those lavish vacations the President and the Missus have been on? Like the one planned for this month in Hawaii.. The little hut they're renting goes for over $240,000 a week. Tack on the expenses for Air Force One, Security, Staff, Vehicles, Security, Meals, etc.. that would fund quite a few of our heroic veterans I think.
Will Matthews be wearing his knee-pads for this awe inspiring event? Mr. Tingle is Obama's biggest fan in the media.

Keep Jesus Out of Your Socialism (Part 3)

feawen Wrote: Oct 27, 2013 9:39 PM
Excellent Article! I've been sharing it with everyone I know. It did not surprise me to find out that somehow George Soros had Sojourner's in part of his evil web of lies and distortions.. it's just the first time I've seen him use his power through the church. It reminds me of another part of the New Testament about the End Times... there will be people who will deceive many, and if possible all but the elect... (I don't have the exact verse handy but that's the gist of it). Marxist/Socialist Organizations like Sojourners seem to be just what the bible is talking about.
Attention: The State Department, led by Hillary Clinton appointed John Kerry, conducted an investigation into his department and guess what??? They did nothing wrong.. Another case for Captain Obvious! Charles nails it perfectly!

Progressives and Blacks

feawen Wrote: Aug 22, 2013 12:44 AM
Excellent article! Mr. Williams statements brought to mind a movie I watched long ago titled "Stand and Deliver." When those minority children were challenged to learn Calculus.. they not only did, but they excelled at it. All children, regardless of race, need goals and will rise to the challenge as long as they're not bombarded with the message that they are "victims" and deserve no more than free rent and food on their plate. That's economic and mental slavery!

Why Did He Kill All Those Children?

feawen Wrote: Jan 04, 2013 7:31 AM
I usually agree with many of your articles but have to part ways with you on this one. Blaming it on violent video games is just too simplistic when there are many other factors involved. The threshold level for violence, mayhem, and gore that today's young people not only find acceptable, but shrug off is one telling sign. I can remember covering my eyes when I tried to watch "The Exorcist," but that movie is pale in comparison to what is shown today (Saw and similar horrific fare) that provide no shock, repulsion, or disgust in today's youth. For more than 40 years we have learned there are no moral absolutes, life is not sacred, and "if it feels good.. do it." Parents also have a share of the blame here too.
As with any issue, there are many sides and also just as many possible solutions. In 1983, newly divorced with two children to support and few factory jobs available, I leaped into the old *promise* that a good education = a secure future. I graduated in 1989 and by 1997 I experienced no less than 5 layoffs, periods of unemployment, several moves (homeless at one point), and the loan went into default. Got a job at Walmart (cashier) and paid my loan for the 10 years I was there. I have paid back almost $17,000. but still owe $16,500. on that $12,000. loan. Frankly I'm tired and can't jog through quicksand anymore. Promise? No.. It's a Nightmare!! There is no light at the end of the loan tunnel... no wonder people just give up.

Romney For President

feawen Wrote: Oct 30, 2012 5:46 PM
Very well put!! The only thing government today seems to be good at is "growth" .. at the expense of the people who have to feed the beast.

Romney For President

feawen Wrote: Oct 30, 2012 5:42 PM
Seriously? You're basing your argument on the number of casualties as a reason for voting for Obama?? A war that was voted on and passed by a majority of both republicans and democrats, and called based on the latest intelligence the USA and Britain had. Compare that to an Ambassador, his Aid, and two Former Seals who were not only left to die because of the inaction of the WH, but then they tried to cover his A$$ for almost 14 days when he *knew* on 9/11/12 it was an act of terror. Likewise, the hiding of details from F&F with an Executive Privilege so the real truth never comes out??? The men and women who lost their lives in Iraq went to war out of duty to country and honor. The last 4 died because of Obama's lies & deceit.